Sunday, September 16, 2012

What is this all about?

Hey guys! So I had posted on Facebook that I was at a conference this weekend and was so inspired by the people I met and spending time with other friends around me that I felt it was time for me to share something very special with you. Michael and I are indeed in the Making of the Sims 3 process, because we are adopting! I haven't made a huge formal announcement about it due to several reasons, but after the conference it just felt like it was time. We are just beginning this journey so ask for your prayers as we start to go through our home study and begin the waiting. It will be a long winding road, as it already has been, but we know the wait and bumps along the way will be worth it. We will be adopting domestically and pray that our family will be as blessed as so many I know that have adopted. I have friends and family members that are adopted and I can't imagine life without those people in it, so my heart is over joyed to be getting ready to get the home study out of the way so we can begin the wait, rather than waiting to wait :)

Before you know it, I will be sitting ringside at Wrestlemania with a very small peanut, probably dressed in a John Cena romper (being PG and all), and I will still be cheering for CM Punk and we will be sharing nachos & a foam finger. I do intend on them putting in a few hours on the Cobra, but I will probably hold off until they are at least 2 before I let them watch Sons of Anarchy and maybe 3 before I get them started in the Trent Richardson school of football (kidding....mainly because that doesn't exist....yet!)

So pray for us as we enter this journey. Adoption isn't for whimps! But I think we can handle it :)

Who ever thought I would be ready for crushed cheerios & melted gummy bears in the backseat? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment