Monday, September 17, 2012

Thank you & Show Hope & Adoption without Debt

Wanted to take just a second to say thank you to the out pouring of well wishes and prayers you all have sent up for us. It is amazing to be blessed with so many friends and family that are with us on this journey!  You guys are so incredible and I love you all more than you know.

I did get an overflow of messages and emails with some questions today.  One frequent one being how we chose adoption.  That is a two fold answer and I am writing the post on it and will publish soon.  It is not just a choice, but a testimony of our faith in God and His calling for our lives/path.  I am trying my best to articulate it well, so forgive me if it takes me a few days to post it.

I also want to share the organization we got familiar with this weekend...two actually.  Both help educate and support families through the adoption or fostering process.  One is called Empowered to Connect (www.empoweredtoconnect.org) and the other Show Hope (www.showhope.og).  If you have ever wanted to learn more or support adoption, these two sites are the way to do so.  Show Hope even helps families raise money for adoption (because it is EXPENSIVE) by providing t-shirts that not only help the families, but also help raise awareness about adoption.  There is so much people don't realize about adoption and Show Hope is doing everything they can to help. 

Michael and I plan on doing several things to raise funds for our adoption and t-shirts were one thing we decided to do, because of the message they spread.  Our website is http://www.adoptionbug.com/simsfamily/index.htm .  If you would like to purchase a t-shirt to help raise awareness please take a peek at what we have on our site.  I plan on keeping track of everything we do to help with expenses and write it all down to hopefully publish something or teach people that adoption without debt is possible.  Debt scares so many people and deters some families from adopting.  If I can help to educate people on methods they can use to offset some of these costs, think of how many less orphans there may be in the world?  If I can make a difference in one child finding a forever family, then I will feel so blessed.  Ideas are welcome and stay tuned for several fundraising activies and blogs about the ones that work and the ones that don't. 

Again I love you guys so much for the support!

Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment